Click here to view a C-SPAN interview with Douglas Houck, as he discusses his book, Peace River Boundary, published by HPN On Demand.
Book Publishing Simplified
What is “On Demand” printing?
The latest digital printing technology enabling reasonable prices for low quantities.
“On Demand” book printing is the newest digital printing technique that utilizes document copier technology. It facilitates creation of soft-cover books, in a variety of sizes. “On Demand” books can be printed in very low quantities at reasonable prices.
What is Book Publishing Simplified?
A straightforward, honest approach to eliminate complications and cost.
It is the HPNondemand commitment to print your book with the least amount of complication and cost possible. We will:
- Help you complete as many steps as possible yourself, without paying us to do it.
- Provide only the services you want or need, at realistic prices.
- Offer you no expensive pre-set packages.
- Make no false promises, no improbable predictions of success, and provide no unnecessary services.
Can you help me market my book?
Yes. We can post it for you and suggest techniques successfully used by others.
- We can list your book on Amazon.com.
- We can make it available through major book distributors.
- This means your book is accessible to thousands of bookstores in the U.S. and beyond.
- We can show you techniques to earn income from selling individual copies of your book.
- In self-publishing, successful marketing is almost always initiated by the authors themselves.
What is HPNondemand?
A new division of a 40-year-old publishing company.
HPN Books was established by Lammert Publications, Inc., which was founded in 1973.
- Lammert Publications originally published community and business newspapers and directories for organizations such as Chambers of Commerce.
- HPN’s continuing mission is to produce publications for organizations that increase community pride and raise funds for their sponsors. Today this includes directories, city maps and quality coffee table books with historical or photo journal themes. Visit HPN Books for more information.
- More than 30 years experience adapting to changes in the printing industry and economy.
- Revenue producing projects beyond “On Demand” endeavors eliminates the need to sell authors unnecessary services.
What hasn’t changed?
Our commitment to our customers and their success.
Technology is revolutionizing the printing and publishing industries. The development of digital copier technology makes it possible for the independent author to self-publish in very low quantities at extremely low prices.
- We are committed to treating each customer as an individual, explaining our prices or processes as simply as possible.
- We will share any knowledge we possess that we think will make a project more successful.
- We’ve been helping individuals and organizations make a profit in publishing for more than 30 years.
- We are prepared to perform any production or publishing service you need at a realistic price.
- We’re also prepared to talk you through various steps you can perform to save money.